Lavender and chamomile have been known to soothe the nerves and relieve anxiety and tension. What better way to start the day or end a frazzled afternoon than with one of these almond meal based muffins. They freeze well and pack easily in pool/beach bags.
The more I experiment with almond meal, the more I love it. The end product is always moist and incredibly flavorful.
Trader Joe’s is the place to buy almond meal. They call it “Just Almond Meal” and it sells for under $4 for a 1 lb bag. That’s a great price, considering I’ve seen it elsewhere for over $13.
- 4 cups Trader Joe’s Just Almond Meal
- 1 teaspoon Trader Joe’s baking soda (I love their baking soda because it’s not in a flimsy box..it’s in a tin with a snap lid!)
- 1/4 teaspoon Trader Joe’s Sea Salt Fine Crystals
- 2 teaspoons culinary lavender buds, crushed to a course powder
- 2 tablespoons dried chamomile flowers, crushed to a course powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Trader Joe’s Mesquite Honey
- 4 eggs
Preheat oven to 350.
Blend almond meal, baking soda, sea salt, lavender and chamomile in a medium bowl until completely combined.
Add vegetable oil, honey and eggs until moist dough forms.
Spoon dough into lined mini muffin tins until 2/3 full. Bake until golden brown and firm to the touch, about 15-20 minutes.
Makes 2 dozen mini muffins.